Penrose-St. Francis Health Services is a full-service, 522-bed acute care provider in Colorado Springs comprised of Penrose Hospital and St. Francis Medical Center. Penrose Hospital serves as the anchor hospital of Penrose-St. Francis Health Services with 364-licensed beds and the ability to provide tertiary (high tech) medical-surgical services with an emphasis on elective and outpatient care. Established in 1890, Penrose Hospital has grown to become a major health treatment and referral center, specializing in cancer care, cardiac care, emergency trauma care and physical rehabilitation. In 2008 we opened St. Francis Medical Center to keep pace with the growing needs of the Colorado Springs community on the north side of the city. St. Francis Medical Center features 172-beds and offers a modern Birth Center, Level IIIA Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Care Unit, Emergency Department, Level III Trauma Center, Imaging Services, Surgical Services, and Critical Care Unit. It is also serves as Southern Colorados home base for the Flight For Life Colorado air medical helicopter service. Its an incredible time to join us as we celebrate our sixth consecutive year as one of Americas 50 Best Hospitals by Healthgrades and recent Magnet Hospital designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for superior quality in nursing care. With 300+ days of annual sunshine, mild winters and easy access places like Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods and some of Colorados top destination resorts, you will enjoy an incredible lifestyle while having the career youve always wanted. For more information about Penrose St. Francis Health Services, visit(link removed).
Job Description/Job Posting ID:123064
Recruiter Contact: Jena Huddleston (e-mail removed)
Clinic/Department:7430 PSF PARAMEDIC SCHOOL
Schedule: Full Time
Penrose Hospital is partnering with St. Anthonys Paramedic Academy to offer a Paramedic Academy in the southern region of Colorado. The program will be housed at Penrose Hospital in Colorado Springs.
Responsible for the development, coordination and teaching of EMS courses/continuing education programs which meet established state and national Department of Transportation standards. Incorporate adult learning principles to provide formal and informal classroom lectures, practical field experiences, skills training and protocol reviews which enhance the delivery of pre-hospital care.
- Associates Degree in Health-Related or Teaching-Related Field or equivalent education and experience considered
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience teaching in a primary paramedic program and/or paramedic level education. Knowledge of instructional methodology and adult learning principles.
- Three years of experience in emergency medical services (EMS), preferably both in field (ambulance and/or fire agency) and in hospital; preferably familiar and connected to Colorado EMS.
- Two years of experience in developing educational programs and instructing students by using adult learning principles and instructional methodologies
- Ability to effectively communicate between emergency department staff and EMS, fire and rescue personnel
- Knowledge and experience in computer instructional technology and Microsoft Office Professional software
- Knowledge and experience in medical/trauma terminology, disease conditions, pharmacology, treatment modalities, therapeutic testing and interventions
- Ability to analyze raw data, find trends and prepare statistical reports.
- Colorado State Paramedic Certification or National Registry Paramedic Certification (with eligibility for reciprocity)
- Colorado State Assistant Instructor Course, Colorado State Primary Instructor Course and Course Administration upon hire or within one year of hire/transfer
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Basic Life Support Instructor Certification upon hire or within one year of hire/transfer
- Advanced Life Support (ACLS) Certification
- Advanced Life Support Instructor Certification upon hire or within six months of hire/transfer
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Instructor Certification upon hire or within six months hire/transfer
Paramedic Academy Primary Instructor Responsibilities:
- Curriculum development (in conjunction with the Program Director and the Medical Director).
- Oversight, management, coordination and supervision of Course Scheduling Classroom/Skills
- Orientation/training of Skills Instructors (in conjunction with the Skills Lab Coordinator)
- Purpose of the student lab rotations (minimum competencies, skills, & behaviors)
- Evaluation tools used by the Program
- Criteria of evaluation for grading the students
- Coaching & mentoring techniques
- Providing leadership for course coordination and supervision of adjunct instructors
- Ongoing evaluation of the Skills/Scenario Lab sessions to ensure they provide minimum requirements for competency (through tracking software).
- Management of tracking software (FISDAP) to ensure minimum lab competencies are met.
- Enters/Monitors grades and reports progress to the Program Director
- Teaches content, as needed
- Student advocate in the learning process
- Creates an active learning environment
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014:Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy doesnot apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 51512772 coloradosprings