Northrop Grumman has a current job opening for an experienced Systems Engineer (GCCS) in Colorado Springs, CO supporting the Shared Early Warning System (SEWS) II program.
Program Summary: This five year program provides a wide range of services such as sustainment, migration, integration, design, analysis, documentation, development, training, help desk support, testing, and operational and depot support.
The SEWS II Global Command and Control System (GCCS-J) System Engineer provides engineering support to all program technical execution activities to include maintenance, sustainment, technology refresh efforts, training, software fixes, information assurance projects, system upgrades and modifications for SEWS II customers.
The position is responsible for:
- Performing technical work, assisting other team members, assist in maintaining the schedule of team activities and travel, ensuring all assigned actions are completed both before and after travel is completed.
- The GCCS System Engineer is accountable for performing detailed planning, thorough preparation and careful coordination between contractor staff, the SEWS II SPO and the Combatant Commanders (CCMD)/Foreign Military Sales (FMS) customers for all support activities.
- Local and foreign travel will be required, four or more trips per year.
- Individual will perform as a member of the SEWS team which is responsible for the configuration and implementation of the SEWS GCCS software and systems, GCCS courseware development, potential web-based training input materials, providing SEWS GCCS Operator training to CCMDs and FMS personnel, support the Central Distribution Facility (CDF), NATO, and various supported CCMD and FMS locations.
- The individual will provide exercise planning and real-world support for applicable GCCS platforms and other C4I software and will provide support activities for the following activities; test, simulation, and evaluation.
- The GCCS System Engineer will participate in the coordination of all on-site and customer Operations, Maintenance and Support (OM&S) trips.
- Coordination includes development of OM&S Requirements documents, site surveys, site preparation plans and installations plans.
- OM&S activities include but are not limited to: Configuring GCCS-J servers and clients, familiarization with routers, and other network equipment, troubleshooting and resolving GCCS problems, equipment inventory, cybersecurity upgrades, site relocations, system integration testing, technical documentation updates, physical configuration audits, anti-virus updates, client and server back-ups, commercial of the shelf (COTS) and government of the shelf (GOTS) software upgrades, exercise support and facilitating operator/user training.
The GCCS System Engineer conducts rehearsals of all hardware, software and patch installation, conducts dry runs of test procedures, verifies all checklists and documentation, and ensures rehearsals of all training to be given to the customer(s) prior all customer support trips.
Major duties of the position include (but are not limited to):
- Performing as a SEWS II GCCS technical expert
- Collaborating with SEWS contractor and government personnel to plan OM&S trips and stay apprised of Theater issues
- Assisting with the design and analysis of user needs and associated hardware and software recommendations
- Performing system support for remote users to identify and resolve hardware, software, and communication issues, document solutions, and develop recommendations to reduce the frequency of repairs
- Responding to system outages to ensure issues are resolved per contract requirements
- Providing Tier II maintenance support for system / equipment issues
- Supporting Emergency On-Site Sustainment (EOSS) travel to customer locations as required
- Providing periodic support
- Planning, developing and conducting GCCS Familiarization Training for CCMD and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) customers
- Providing refresher training for existing staff as well as training for new operators
- Utilizing engineering skills to research, develop, test, and document solutions for Research & Test (R&T) activities
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000527&lang=en
• Post ID: 52355862 coloradosprings