What you’ll be doing...
Verizon seeks an experienced and highly-motivated attorney to serve as Staff Counsel for the Pacific and North Central State Public Policy and Legal team. The position will be located in Verizon’s Irvine, CA or Denver, CO headquarters. The attorney will provide support on major state and local legal, regulatory and legislative initiatives. The position will involve drafting and negotiating state and local legislative language, drafting comments and pleadings and representing the company in state regulatory dockets, and providing general legal support to the State, Local and Regulatory Affairs team in the West. The position requires someone with an eye for detail who can adroitly manage multiple competing priorities in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Draft, review and negotiate state and local legislative language and advocacy points.
- Provide legal advice and counsel on state and local political law issues including lobby and gift law compliance.
- Interface with and provide general legal support to the State, Local and Regulatory Affairs teams.
- Proactively identify and mitigate any areas of risk or reputational damage.
- Advise Verizon leaders on general state and local legal and regulatory matters impacting the business.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- JD Degree and six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience with a law firm and/or in-house with litigation experience.
- Bar membership and needed licenses.
Even better if you have:
- Education: JD degree from a top tier law school with strong academic performance.
- Experience in the communications or wireless technology industry.
- Experience with and proficiency in regulatory and legislative advocacy at the state and local level.
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to professionally manage time, prioritize multiple responsibilities, and process a high volume of work in a timely and accurate manner with a high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work independently and autonomously, as well as part of a team.
- Proven ability to spot problems and develop and lead implementation of appropriate solutions.
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of personnel and enforce legal requirements without alienating clients.
- Proficiency computer skills across various platforms (Microsoft, Google, Apple, iOS, Android).
- Demonstrated ability to handle extremely sensitive and confidential information.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2522155-staff-counsel
• Post ID: 52818937 coloradosprings