Northrop Grumman is seeking a SEWS II Theater Field Engineer to support the SEWS Program Office and the associated Foreign Military Sales (FMS) cases.
This position will be located in Colorado Springs, CO.
This support includes the operations, troubleshooting and root cause analysis of the SEWS systems as well as maintenance and technology refresh efforts and installation of software fixes. It also includes the planning, design and implementation of modifications and upgrade projects to the SEWS system including servers, workstations, networking devices, cross-domain solutions and any associated circuits. Sustainment, project and training activities occur domestically and in-country for FMS cases and their supporting Theater Combatant Commands. The Field Engineer is accountable for detailed planning, thorough preparation and careful coordination between contractor staff, the SEWS II SPO and the COCOM/FMS customers for all support activities. Coordination includes development of requirements, site surveys, site preparation plans and installations plans within contract standards.
Operations, maintenance and sustainment activities include but are not limited to:
- Configuring servers, workstations, routers, and other network equipment, crypto re-key, troubleshooting and resolving equipment problems, equipment inventory, cybersecurity upgrades, site relocations, system integration testing, technical documentation updates, physical configuration audits, anti-virus updates, client and server back-ups, COTS and GOTS software upgrades, exercise support and facilitating operator/user training.
Major duties of the position include (but are not limited to):
- Performing as a SEWS II technical expert for the SEWS system
- Collaborating with the SEWS Program Office and SEWS II Contract personnel to plan trips and stay apprised of Theater issues.
- Assisting with the design and analysis of user needs and associated hardware and software recommendations
- Performing system support for remote users to identify and resolve hardware, software, and communication issues, document solutions, and develop recommendations to reduce the frequency of repairs
- Responding to circuit and system outages to ensure issues are resolved per contract requirements
- Providing Tier II maintenance support for system / equipment issues
- Supporting Sustainment and Training (S&T) and Emergency On-Site Sustainment (EOSS) travel as required
- Providing periodic 24/7 pager support
- Planning, developing and conducting Familiarization Training for COCOM and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) customers
- Providing refresher training for existing staff as well as training for new operators
- Utilizing engineering skills to research, develop, test, and document solutions for Research & Test (R&T) activities.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000598&lang=en
• Post ID: 50819307 coloradosprings